Linking to Care
Many people need assistance managing their health and life with HIV. Our medical case management programs and supportive services link clients to a wide range of health care and support resources in the community. We want our clients to have continued access to care, adhere to medical treatment, improve health and maintain a stable environment.
Please bring the required documentation to determine or re-determine the Florida Department of Health Notice of Eligibility for Ryan White-funded programs.
- Proof of address (photo IDs will not be accepted)
- Proof of income for yourself and anyone living and sharing finances with you
- Proof of insurance (card)
- Proof of primary care
- Proof of food stamps (if you receive them)
- Photo ID
- Social Security card
- Proof of HIV status – lab work indicating a detectable viral load, Western Blot or Elisa
Your services are determined based on if you are newly diagnosed, relocated, returning to care, in immediate need for medications or other factors.
As a client, you will be assigned your own case manager who will work together with you on a comprehensive needs assessment, a personalized service plan and the coordination of services, including medical, pharmacy, housing, financial assistance, legal, mental health, substance abuse treatment, public benefits, insurance, food, personal care, transportation, employment and education. Assistance from bilingual, Spanish-speaking case managers is available.
Medical Case Management Programs include:
- Ryan White Medical Case Management
- Florida Family AIDS Network (FFAN) Case Management
- Minority AIDS Initiative
- Targeted Outreach for Pregnant Women Act (TOPWA)