Get Tested – Know Your Status
Are you sexually active and unsure of your HIV status? EPIC is here to help with confidential, free HIV testing that can give you peace of mind. And whether the result is positive or negative, EPIC is here for you with education for staying HIV-negative or services and treatment that will keep you living healthy with HIV. For nearly 30 years, EPIC has been your experts in life-changing HIV care.
Appointments are not required and your results can be ready in as little as 15 minutes.
Get The Facts
• The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) reports that, outside of sub-Saharan Africa, the
…Caribbean region has the highest prevalence of HIV in the world.
• Nearly 1 in 8 Living with HIV in the U.S. are unaware they are infected.
• About 1 in 4 new HIV infections is among youths ages 13-24.
• African Americans represent 12% of the U.S. population, yet account for 44% of new HIV infections.
Who Should Get Tested?
- Anyone who has injected drugs or steroids or shared needles, syringes and other equipment with others.
- Anyone who has had unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex with men who have sex with men, multiple partners or anonymous partners.
- Anyone who has had sex with someone whose history of sex partners and/or drug use is unknown.
- Anyone who has exchanged sex for drugs or money.
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with or treated for hepatitis, tuberculosis (TB) or a sexually transmitted disease (STD).
- Anyone who has had unprotected sex with someone in any of the above categories.
- All women who are pregnant should be tested during each pregnancy.
How Does Our HIV Test Work?
When Should You Get Tested?